Class 108 Restoration Work – Urgent Funds are Required
Now that we have completed the purchase of our Class 108 DMU we have moved on to raising funds for its restoration to working order. The sooner the restoration work is completed the sooner we can bring the DMU to the line.
The Midland Railway Centre at Butterley have supplied us with an estimate that there is around 100 hours of welding work required on the Class 108 which would cost around £3,600.
The scope of work would be:
- to remove windscreens/make and fit new metalwork above screens/re-secure gutters,
- remove body cladding at bottom of cab/ repair frame/make good cladding/refit wiper motor/ make watertight,
- at rear to cut out damaged metal and replace and also to re-rivet the end closing panel back onto the sides.
We urgently need to raise the £3600 in order to book a place in their workshops. The Rolling Stock Fund currently stands at around £1535 so we still need to raise another £2065.
We do have Gift Aid pledges for £1060 which will be claimed by the Trust in due course.
How to make a donation to the Rolling Stock /Loco Fund
Please use one of the following methods to make a donation:
- By completing the Rolling Stock Fund (Donation Form) available through this website and enclose a cheque or cash.
- By PayPal or Credit Card using the Donate link below the right-hand menu,
- Or donations can be made electronically direct to the Society’s bank account.
Account Name: Poulton & Wyre Railway Society
Account Number: 89012757
Sort Code: 09-01-28
On behalf of the Rolling Stock Fund