Highighted in red below, the section of railway line covered by the Poulton & Wyre Railway Society is located on the branch from the main Blackpool to Preston line at Poulton-le-Fylde to Jameson Road Bridge, Fleetwood.
There are two stations currently on the line after the junction at Poulton as follows.
Thornton Station (also known as Thornton for Cleveleys, Thornton-Cleveleys and rather anciently Ramper Road) is located in the heart of Thornton town centre.
The current station was reportedly the first built by the recently formed London Midland Scottish Railway in 1927. Until the late 80's there was a signal box which operated the crossing over Station Road.
Burn Naze Station (also known as Burn Naze Halt at various points) was constructed to serve the ICI works in the North of Thornton.
The station, as it currently appears, was built in the late 1920s. Prior to this the station had a level crossing at the Fleetwood end. The bridge at the Poulton end replaced the crossing after a fatal collision.
We are working on both of these stations to reopen them to passengers in the future. Public access is not currently permitted to these stations and is reserved for members only.
Please note that trespassing on railway property, even if out of use, is a criminal offence and is taken seriously by the Society & Trust, Network Rail and the British Transport Police.