Each year the PWRS submits an entry in the Northwest in Bloom competition, organised by the Royal Horticultural Society.
The Society’s entry as part of Thornton in Bloom is just one element of the PWRS philosophy of engaging with the local community.
We have had a marvellous response from the public who have viewed this year’s display as they have passed by the station site, along with numerous supportive comments on social media, some of which I would like to share with you.
- “The station looks wonderful, a beautiful centrepiece to the village; Thank you all.”
- “Absolutely beautiful. I love wild flowers.”
- “That looks so beautiful and colourful”
- “Always looks lovely- there are people there doing jobs in all weathers-all in their free time-much appreciated.”
- “The lads always put on a good show. Well done!”
- “Looks great!!”
To receive such supportive comments is testimony to the Society’s positive presence within the community, not only within Thornton village, but all those locations that the society has a presence within the Borough of Wyre.
Finally, it would be remiss of me not to mention that without the generous financial support from J T Bryn Funeral Directors, our annual entry in the event would not be possible.